Monday, November 9, 2009

Best weekend on record...

Except probably the weekend we got married! Which was 3 months ago yesterday, in case you're wondering. :) I'm super-sad that this weekend is over... it was fantastic! Tyler worked so hard last week studying for his tests (he had 3 accounting tests-- killer) and I worked a lot to stay busy while he studied. We were both ready to spend some time with each other (and conscious too). Saturday we spent almost the whole day together! I went to Shirley Jacob's bridal shower (so excited for you Shirls!!) with Kim, and it was so fun to see family. I need to throw a cousin party. Bad. There's something about being with family, even if it's not your own, that just feels good. Family is good. Anyway, after the shower Tyler and I ran some errands. We tried to deposit some checks in the bank, but it was closed. We took my ring back to the store to get it polished and dipped again, so that will be ready Wednesday morning! I feel so naked without it. After dropping the ring off, we walked around the mall for a bit. We joked about how I was Tyler's mistress, and I told him I couldn't wait for him to leave his wife any longer. :) We have some different opinions when it comes to clothes, so it was fun trying to convince each other of our knowledge of good style. We've decided that we're going to start watching "What Not to Wear" together so we can determine who is really right. I'm definitely going to win.

After window-shopping for a while at the mall, we met Adam and Aubrey at Winger's, along with Aubrey's little brother, for dinner. We had so much fun! Adam is in Tyler's accounting study group, so it was fun to get out for a bit. After eating way too much at dinner, we tried to go see "Love Happens" and "The Time-Traveler's Wife" but both were sold out. I guess we'll never know if they're good. :) Instead, we went to Adam and Aubrey's apartment and watched "The Guardian. I love that movie! It's one of those movies that I can (and do haha) watch over and over and never tire of it. We ended up staying and talking until 12:30 am! Such a fun couple. We were swapping "can you believe it?" stories for a long time, including scary stories. I came home a bit scared, and made Tyler check every room and closet in the house before I took off my shoes and coat. I'm a fraidy-cat.

Sunday we slept in (I won't admit how late) and went to church at 1. We had tropical smoothies for breakfast-- yum! DJ taught us to put ginger ale in our fruit smoothies for an extra kick, and it's amazing. We love it. I have to admit that I'd never had ginger ale before those smoothies! Who knew it was so good? Church was really good. We go to a Strengthening Marriage class every week for Sunday School, and we both really like it. After Church we ate one of my favorite meals-- lasagna with salad, corn, and garlic bread. And, I made a cake with homemade frosting! We ended up taking the cake over to the Wright's (we missed Gabby's birthday-- happy belated birthday again Gabbs!! We love you). So glad that the whole cake won't be sitting on my thighs alone, like last time. :) I love going over to the Wright's-- it seriously feels like home! I laugh until my stomach muscles hurt and until I cry. Such a great family.

Loved the weekend. Only 5 days 'til the next one....

1 comment:

Ben and Charlotte said...

Friends and family... they really do make the best weekends. And good food of course :)