Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bookworm

This weekend, I finished "The Peacegiver." Ummm... amazing book. Seriously, I will lend you my copy if you haven't read it. It changed my perspective on so many things, and made Sacrament Meeting today that much more inspiring. Tyler and I started to read it together as we were driving to Utah to get married. For those who have read the book, you know how it starts. The first chapter is full of sadness and hate as this man describes his not-so-good marriage and his feelings for his wife. We decided after a few pages that this wasn't the book for us to be reading together on our way to get married! So we put it away and read "The Five Love Languages" instead. Also a good book. However, I couldn't stop thinking about "The Peacegiver," so I decided to give it another shot. I ate it up! It really is an amazing book.

After finishing "The Peacegiver," I decided that I needed something else to read. I hopped on the Barnes & Noble website and checked out their top-rated books, and wrote down some of the ones that looked interesting to me. I'd heard from a friend that "The Time-Traveler's Wife" was a good book, so I decided to try that before I see the movie. I haven't been able to put it down either!

Poor Tyler is finally getting to know Bookworm Camille. She's a totally different person than Tyler's ever known... hopefully he'll survive. Poor guy was starving last night at 8:45 as I was sitting on the couch, reading. These are things I just don't think about when I'm wrapped up in a book!! I need to get better...

The next books on my list (since I'll probably finish "The Time-Traveler's Wife this week):

-The Undaunted
-Three Cups of Tea
-Women of the Old Testament
-My Sister's Keeper (also before I see the movie)

Any other good recommendations? I like to read books that other people have recommended to me, so fire away!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Just watch out with the Jodi Picoult you have on your list. Her books are usually loaded with sex/language/difficult issues.

B said...

I'm completely the same way as you Camille! When I get wrapped up in a book, all I want to do is read it... Kyle's been ignored or starved a few times too... haha. My Sister's Keeper was amazing! And I'm just starting the Time Traveler's Wife too :) I also recently read The Hunger Games, which was a great book. Have you read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold? It's one of my favorites!

Tiffany said...

Okay cam I have to be honest, I read the peacegiver too and although it brought up some interesting paradigms, I really did not like it!!! HAha that is funny. But one of my suggestions to you is a book called "This is My Words" there is one seen that is a bit graphic I think it starts on page 100 so just watch out. But it is in the pioneer days, Interesting book. I enjoyed it!