Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Some things about Max

-Our Max boy is 4 months old! I really can hardly believe it. Suddenly a few days ago he just seems like he's completely out of the newborn phase and he's this interactive, on-the-go baby. I love it and hate it all at the same time! 

-His 4 month stats:
Weight: 18 lb 2 oz (92%ile... slacking off!)
Height: 26.5" (94%ile)
Head Circumference: 17.2" (95%ile)

-Clothing this boy has been a rather expensive ordeal. He is growing out of his 12 & 12-18mo clothes and I'm thinking of skipping 18mo and just going ahead to 24 so I don't have to buy him anything for at least a month. Seriously, it's crazy. I skipped 9 months too. He has pretty much the same clothes in all the sizes he's worn so far because the options at the stores are the same when I have to go so frequently! But the problem with buying clothes that big (24 months) is that they're not made for babies at his stage! They're for toddlers! I hate t-shirts on babies everyday because it gets old pulling them down all the time. Onesies are there for a reason. So I'm stalling as long as I can!

-Max has the worst smelling gas/dirty diapers ever. It's not supposed to be this way when they're exclusively breastfed, right?? It is kind of hilarious to me. And gross. He is definitely a stereotypical boy so far.

-He can roll both ways now. The other day I laid him down on a blanket and was walking around the house- changing laundry loads, tidying things up, etc.- and came back a few minutes later to find him completely on the other side of the room on the tile! Here we go, I guess.

Trying to wiggle out of the seat
-Max loves TV. Millie would not even notice it until she was way older but Max is totally mesmerized. He'll even giggle sometimes if it's a cartoon! It's so funny.

-He loves the bath and tolerates the pool. I love both because he sleeps so well afterwards!


-He has one tooth on the bottom, almost two. Teething has made him a terrible napper and not as good of a sleeper at night too. Poor thing. He's constantly covered in drool and loves to be held.


He bends his back when he's trying to fall asleep


-Max is still such a snuggle bug and I love it so much. He hangs on to whatever he can grab if he feels like he is being put down. His (and my) favorite is our new morning routine: he wakes up sometime between 4:30 and 5:30am, I feed him, and he falls asleep in bed with us. I go running on the weekdays at 6 before Tyler goes to work so he is close by in case Max wakes up.



-He is in the phase of loving his own reflection. Cutest thing ever.



-He has this smile that just lights up the world. I love it!



Also, I tried to take some pictures of him in his blessing outfit since the ones we got on his blessing day were all with other people. They aren't great, but oh well. He's cute anyway!



Posing himself like a boss!

We love Mr. Max!

2 comments:

Kerri Andersen said...

I remember when jane was about that age she had the most potent farts in the whole world and she was only breast feeding too! Luckily it was just a phase but yes I feel your pain on that one!

Katie said...

I can't believe he is already four months! And he's starting to resemble Millie now… adorable! What a cutie :)