Our Millie Mae is 5 years old!! I really can't believe it. 5 sounds so grown up and it feels like she was just barely a baby!
One of the things I love about Millie is her eccentric taste in clothes and accessories. This was the outfit she picked out special for her birthday.
We started the day off with donuts and a couple errands to get birthday supplies.
Millie and Max wore party hats for a while (Millie wore hers for almost the whole day!) and had fun playing with balloons and making cupcakes.
Harvey was super happy too! He looked right at the camera for me!
Millie's dinner request was chicken nuggets, so we went across the street to McDonald's. It was the coldest day we've seen in a while so it was nice to let the kids run around and play inside.
We had both sets of grandparents over for cake and ice cream and presents! It's so fun to have them all nearby and they were sweet to make time for this on a busy weekend.
Millie's first present has a story behind it. She often asks to go to "Olive's Garden" for dinner. Kind of puzzling since she doesn't eat anything there! I asked her why she wanted to go there and it was because of the mints they give you after your meal. For real! So we got her a bag of Andes Mints and called it good.
Millie also got a lego dollhouse to build. She wanted to get started right away!
She slept in her new sleeping bag with her new doll and wore her new outfit the next day. Millie was spoiled by her grandparents for sure!
Some things about Millie at 5 years old:
- She is an awesome artist. She loves to color and could seriously do it for hours. She even has an awesome callous on her thumb! Her drawings are impressive (especially to me since I have zero artistic talent) and we love to see her work.
- Millie is super competitive. I don't think it's a conscious thing a lot of the time either. She just loves to be first and/or best! Once while riding bikes up and down the sidewalk with Max, she whizzed by him and said, "I always win!"
- She is a great big sister. She plays with Max so well and is so sweet with him (well, most of the time). She also adores Harvey. I often hear her say, "He's just the cutest baby ever!" or "I could just eat him up he's so cute!"
- Millie is very thoughtful. When I was pregnant she would often help with stuff (like cleaning the bathroom, folding laundry, etc.) and tell me to go rest!
- She's making improvements on her eating habits. Since our big push to get better this summer, we've learned that she loves meatballs! Hooray! She'll often eat something and then admit, "I kind of like it."
- Millie is athletic! I love watching her swim and do gymnastics each week. She has tons of energy and since she's also competitive, she's bound to go far in something!
- She has a fun imagination. She also is a little shy about it, and likes to be alone when she's pretending.
- She's so excitable and happy. Millie is a ray of sunshine in our family!
Can't believe our girl is 5 years old. We love her to pieces!!