Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A blogging groove...

I need to find one. It's been pretty easy for me just to take a little internet hiatus! But things have calmed down a bit and here I am. The reunion was great- it was so fun to spend lots of time with our family! It was a blast. We've been spending lots of time with both our immediate families since then, which has been good. I hadn't seen Lindsay since Tyler and I got married, so it was about time! It was great to see her kiddos too... I miss them already. They just moved to Ohio- so far away! But I've never been to Ohio, and now I have a great reason to visit. I also spent a week with Steph and her kiddos in Vegas/San Diego. It was a great week and I took zero pictures because we were just so busy! Between Mikael's wedding, being a block away from the beach, a day at Sea World, and 16 kids runnin' around, cameras were the last things on our minds. So just know it was fun. And exhausting. I get why kids typically come one at a time, because me starting out with 3 would not be a great idea. Kudos to people who have multiples!

Since being back from Vegas/San Diego, we've been busy busy busy. Tyler had Friday and yesterday off of work for the 4th of July, so we spent some time on Friday and Saturday driving around Houston trying to figure out where we'd like to live when we come back after graduation next year! It's so crazy that we finally get to think realistically about that kind of stuff. Not that we have any idea still, but we're getting to know areas better and are finding great places. We've spent lots of time swimming and watching movies and playing ping pong with the fam and just enjoying time off together. I hated to see Tyler go to work this morning! But reality always comes around.

We had a good 4th of July. It felt a little weird because there's been a drought in Houston and they put a ban on all fireworks about a week beforehand. What's the 4th of July without fireworks?? So we went to a ward breakfast, had a fun game of softball with the Taylor fam, swam and had a barbeque, and watched True Grit. A very American day indeed.

Well, a pretty lame post after a month of absence. Maybe some pics will make it better? Here are some I took of the softball game yesterday:
 Home run, baby!
 Tyler and Kevin making sure Nathan's pitching was satisfactory
 Wow. I may not have gone to Langham Creek, but I've got Lobo pride now!
 The whole crew of softball players
The whole crew of supportive wives/mothers (and a sister)

And that's about it for our pics and our exciting stuff. Hopefully the rest of the summer will be mellow- not much travelling planned until the big trip back to Utah, so that's good. I'm still working on Independent Study classes and Tyler's internship is going great! He is blowing everyone away with his mad skills, as usual. He's the bomb. And I'm just trying to finish school as quickly as possible! Hooray for getting degrees and being done soon!

2 comments:

Tyler Juergens said...

It was hard saying good bye to you too this morning hun. Great post and I love you! PS - my back is killing from that baseball swing...I'm getting old :)

Unknown said...

I made the blog! Nice pictures! ;)