Monday, July 11, 2011

crybaby

Isn't that the saddest face you've ever seen?

I feel so blessed to have not been very sick so far during this pregnancy. I am pulling out of this now, but for a while I was having night sickness instead of morning. Other than that, the only times I've felt sick are when I need to eat! So I feel super lucky. One thing that both Tyler and I are both still adjusting to, however, is my range of unpredictable emotions. Holy moly, I cry so often! Poor Tyler doesn't quite know how to handle me when I'm bawling because the family playing on Family Feud just won $20,000. Seriously Camille??? But he is so sweet and understanding and rarely laughs at me. I'm sure it's all pretty entertaining for him.

The worst was the other day- I believe it was Saturday morning. I was having a dream (my dreams are the other funny thing- SO vivid and strange) that I was in the back of a van with my brother Jeff, who is serving a mission in Prague and is coming home in a few weeks. Jeff was always a pest growing up (fulfilling his duties as the first boy in the family) and I'm sure half of the words I've spoken to him in his life have consisted of "Stop!" Well, he was no different in my dream. He just would not get off of me-- hitting me, laying on me, I don't really remember. I just know I was so bothered. I started to yell at him in my dream, pretty mean stuff. *Please note: Tyler's arm was on my back at this point. Not unusual, as he is a sprawler in his sleep.* Finally, I wake up when I hear myself yell out loud, "Jeff, GET OFF OF ME!!!" Apparently I was bothered by Tyler's arm! Tyler didn't really wake up at this point, but I was shaken by my own outburst. I started crying uncontrollably- how could I yell at my brother like that? How could I yell at my husband like that? I am such a mean person, I need to be a better sister, I need to be more patient, etc. were all thoughts racing through my mind as my body was being racked with sobs. Oh my goodness. So Tyler, half asleep but knowing the drill, was sweet and comforting and trying not to laugh, I'm sure. I finally calm down after what I'm sure was a long time and the hilarity of the situation finally hits me. I imagined the whole scenario from Tyler's perspective- being yelled at while asleep at 6 in the morning, then hearing your crazy wife sobbing because of a dream that she was mean to her brother! So then I started laughing, almost as uncontrollably as I was crying. The rest of the day, thankfully, was tearless. But it was quite the roller coaster first thing in the morning- from anger to depression to laughter!! Poor Tyler.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Haha Cam if Tyler needs a sympathetic ear tell him to call My hubs...I was a reck! We could not have country music playing for the first 4 months, teaching in Relief Society was a disaster half the hour was spent with my sobbing at the front of the room with a snotty nose! HA yep emotions are crazy because of all those darn hormones pumping through your body. You sound like you are dealing with it great and able to laugh at it afterwards- and tyler sounds like he is being a trooper! I am still so excited for you two!

Mr. Weston said...

hahaha Oh I know just what you mean. Gotta love pregnancy hormones

Mr. Weston said...

Sorry, I didn't know Kenny was signed in, this is in fact, Mrs. Weston. :)

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Congratulations!!! Oh, pregnancy brings so many different joys ;) So excited for you!

Kimberly said...

Cam that's hilarious. Glad you were able to laugh about it!! I can just see all this happening. :)

Jenica Ostler said...

Haha! Camille, this post made me crack up. We've all been there, its okay! haha I love the way you expressed it. You guys are so cute. Love you!!