Millie has been working hard on learning to ride her bike. Sometimes willingly, sometimes not so much. Since the balance bike had worked so well for Max, we took the pedals off of Millie's bike and had her ride it like that for a few weeks. It really helped her learn to balance. In fact, I threw away the training wheels for both the kids' bikes. No need for them when this works so much better! One day we were out practicing and Millie announced that she was ready to put the pedals back on. And she totally did it! Picked it up so quickly after that. We are so proud of her.
Since then, all the big kids want to do is ride their bikes. It is everyone's first request after school. We took the bikes to Millie's school for an FHE activity and they had fun racing around the track.
When we're riding around the neighborhood, I put Harvey in the bike trailer and we all ride together! That's the only way I can keep up with them anymore haha.
We've even been able to go with Daddy a few times and I'm pretty sure the first time was one of our family's happiest memories. We love cruising around together.
And now every time we go into the garage Harvey either gets his trike or climbs into the bike trailer, hoping for a ride! We all love riding bikes!



No comments:
Post a Comment