Thursday, January 6, 2011

From the mouth of a 22 year old

Thanks to Nicole for helping me fix my blog. I think it did have something to do with the pictures. I tried messing around with the width and different templates even, but in the end I just deleted the Christmas post and the survey post. So, sorry to anyone who missed those posts. Apparently they were just too awesome for blogger to handle! :)

SO, I'm 22 now! We had a fun New Year's. New Year's Eve was spent with Austin and Giselle! We had a semi-progressive dinner. It was supposed to be with more than just us 2 couples, but we ended up just doing dinner here at our place and dessert at theirs! We had a great time though. I made stirfry and we played Wii and Perudo at our house, then had dessert, snacks, and PlayStation Move at their house. We slept in the next morning and left around noon for Grandpa's house! All the Backus side was there, and it was great. We had lunch and then busted out the 4-wheelers and sleds. It was pretty cold, but luckily the sun was out. I wish I had pictures of the day, but we really only took videos! We got home around dinner-time. The plan was to go to Texas Roadhouse, but the wait was over 90 minutes. No thank you! So we went to Chili's instead. Yum. We came home and watched Charlie St. Cloud while I made a gooey cake for myself. :) I pretty much ate it by myself too, unfortunately. That's kinda what happens when there's gooey cake around me.

Can't quite believe it's 2011! Here's a look back at our 2010:

January: Recovered from our eventful Christmas. Full of work for me, school for Tyler, and sledding.

February: Mom came to visit for Kellie and Ryan's wedding, I started baking bread like crazy, more work, even more school for Tyler.

March: Started experimenting with cooking, Austin and Giselle's wedding! Papa Kurt came for that and we had a great time.

April: End of the Jr. Core for Tyler (thank goodness!), beginning of warm weather. Finally.

May: Tyler and I spent as much time together as possible, trying to savor every moment before he left for his internship in Houston. We took two trips to Park City, where we shopped and did the Olympic zipline with Randall and Crystal! I also trained for and ran a 10k in May.

June: Tyler left for his internship. Also, I went to my first Juergens Reunion!! Then was my family's reunion. Then, I came back here and Tyler stayed. That was the not fun half of the month.



July: Good month. Tyler came to visit for the 4th of July, along with my family. Tim stayed with me for a few days after everyone else left, and we went to 7 Peaks and had a fun time together. I think I hiked the Y 5 times this month. Once with Tim, once with Tyler and his family, and 3 times by myself. I also ran a half marathon with Aubrey this month! Didn't train for it, so was happy just to finish. Then, at the end of the month, Tyler came home for good!


August: Celebrated our first anniversary! We took a trip to Zion's National Park and St. George. Went to the Manti Temple with Ryan, Kellie, and our grandparents. Hiked Stewart Falls, went to the zoo, took an emergency trip to Vegas for baby Dean's birth. Finished working for AMP! Busy month!

September: School started! That pretty much dominated our lives. We bought "the pass of all passes" over Labor Day weekend... best dating expense choice ever!

October: School, dates at Trafalga, drives up the canyon. Started experimenting with crocheting a bit more. Went through my first haunted corn maze!

November: Went to a BYU Hockey game and went ice skating with Adam and Aubrey, all in one weekend. Spent Thanksgiving break with Tyler's family, had our best Black Friday ever, and loved seeing Savior of the World! We also Jump{ed} On It, saw Unstoppable, and started listening to Christmas music.

December: Finished fall semester, had a great Christmas break! Went to Vegas and loved spending time with family.

2010 was so good to us! We can't wait to see what 2011 brings.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

dang! sounds like you guys had a fun fun year!!!! hopefully 2011 is just as good or even better!!!

Barbaloot said...

Man-I didn't have time to read them yesterday and now I can't!

Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year's:)