So maybe "chosen" is an exaggeration, but frozen certainly is not!! It is sooooo incredibly cold here! 4 degrees when I took Tyler to work this morning. Brrrrr. But we're finding ways to have fun. Friday night we did homework (mostly get-ahead kind of stuff) so we were ready to party on Saturday. Randall and Crystal were so nice to get tickets for all of us to go to the BYU basketball game! It was really fun. The back of the tickets had a coupon for Iggy's (buy one get one free entree? Yes please), so we called Austin and Giselle and they met us there after we did a little grocery shopping. We'd never been there- the bread at Iggy's is to die for! They pretty much botched poor Giselle's meal, but other than that it was great. We met at their apartment afterwards and watched Sherlock Holmes. Have you seen that? It's a really good movie!! I really like how they made sure to discredit all the black magic junk... it bugs me when they make that stuff seem real. Anyway, we stayed late at their place, just talking and planning more fun stuff. Then last night we went to my friend Kim's apartment to watch the championship football game with some of my old high school friends. We love all of our friends! I've been thinking so much lately about how blessed we are to have great friends, and to live by a lot of our family. We're so lucky.
In other news- I have a job! I interviewed this morning and got it! You are reading the words of the new receptionist/devotional music specialist for the BYU Music office. I am so excited! I get to coordinate musical numbers, conductors, and organ players for all of the devotionals and forums- starting Thursday with forum. Condoleezza Rice is coming to speak! Pretty exciting. I'm really looking forward to the job. It's just 8 hours a week, so it fits great into my 17-credit schedule.
Now, time for some random pictures! At Soldier Hollow just before Christmas:

Word.

Randall and Crystal at the game:

Austin and Giselle at Iggy's:

Us at Iggy's (I didn't post the pic of us at the game because it looks awfully similar, except for the awkward angle of my face):

Maybe I should invest in a snuggie or slanket or something. Wearing sweats just isn't cutting it down in this cold basement!
3 comments:
Oh, I love my snuggie! Haha :)
congrats on the job! it sounds perfect for you!
what's a slanket?
What a cool job! I hope you pick fun, exciting songs---not the slow ones that are everyone's default:)
Post a Comment