Monday, August 22, 2011

Hanging out

Are you a google+ user? If not, you should be! I am definitely not being paid to praise them, but I benefited from its coolness yesterday and wanted to share. My brother Jeff was released from his mission a few days ago! He is still in Prague, taking my parents around his city, so we haven't been able to see him in person yet. We tried to set up a big video chat session with my whole family, but because of time zone differences and Church meeting differences, we couldn't all meet up with the folks in Prague. Tyler and I got to skype with him and he seems great! Last night, however, those of us in America decided we wanted to try to get on one big video chat session, even if we couldn't all be there. So my siblings and I hopped on google+ and had a "hangout." It was so great! We had all the siblings there except Jeff, and even my brother-in-law Andrew was able to join us from Iraq! I couldn't stop thinking all night how grateful I am for technology and all the cool things we're able to do because of it! I wish I had taken a screen shot of the hangout. It was pretty rad. 

Tyler and I have been pretty lazy lately. Lots of our friends are returning from internships and what-not, so it's pretty much just been us hangin' out. I always love that, but because we are both so bad at making decisions, that usually just means that we're being lazy at home. So to break it up, we hiked the Y on Saturday morning! What a great way to celebrate being 20 weeks pregnant. Half-way baby!!

Not the most attractive picture, but we made it to the top!

We will find out if Peanut is a boy or girl on Friday... I can't really think about that at night or I lose sleep. I'm so excited to know! I'm learning that Peanut likes his/her space. If I have my computer on my lap and it's touching my stomach, Peanut will repeatedly kick right where the computer is! Yesterday I was holding Tyler's hand in church and his elbow was touching my side. Peanut kicked and kicked right there where Tyler's elbow was! It was so funny. Peanut also moves a lot when we're in the car- I'm curious to know if it's because he/she likes car rides or hates them! Guess we'll find out in a few months. :) It's crazy how this little one already seems to have a personality.

To do this week: buy textbooks (yuck), become members of Costco (yay!!), go to the ultrasound on Friday (YAY!!) and enjoy our last few days of freedom before school begins. Sounds good to me!

p.s. I finally figured out how to make pictures big. Now I feel like one of those cool bloggers! 

2 comments:

annie andersen said...

take some photos of your belly please!!!!!!! =) We need to "hang out!!" haha for real!! And I have google+ so i'm totally going to add you right now. Love their features. But i'm still a facebook addict =)

annie andersen said...

P.S. We're so excited to see Jeff again!! =D