Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In case you're ever in Columbus, TX

Before we left Texas, we went on a kayaking adventure with Tyler's high school buddy Kevin and his girlfriend Amy! We drove out to Columbus and went kayaking down the Colorado River. I didn't realize the Colorado River came all the way down to our neck of the woods! I learn somethin' new every day I guess. 


Before we hopped in the river!

On the river, we found some friends! Mooooo

Kevin and Amy


The water wasn't very deep, so there were only a few sections where we could get out and swim without getting tangled up in slimy river gunk.
Pretty sure we almost tipped tons of times getting in and out!
Luckily, the train rolled by after we had gone under these bridges.
Can you see my bump? I'm 18 weeks here!
After the 6.5 mile journey, we were sunburnt and tired. But it was so worth it! We totally recommend Howell Canoe Livery for all your tubing, kayaking, and canoeing needs in Houston! They were awesome. They suggested we check out Columbus's claim to fame- they have the 2nd largest live oak tree in Texas! :) It was so impressive.

Thanks Kevin and Amy for a fun day!

1 comment:

Kel said...

I LOVE THE BABY BUMP! My gosh, Cam, I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see you.

-Kel