Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Strike two


So you know that kid who asked me if it's hard to go to class when I'm that pregnant? Well, he struck again. I hadn't seen the guy in a few weeks (thankfully, it's a large class) and he saw me on Monday and said, "Wow, you got so much bigger! You are so big!" I made sure to tell him this time that even though I wasn't offended, he should be careful what he says to his someday wife when she is pregnant. Not that I think he'll get married anytime soon, making comments like that. Seriously- where do people learn to have conversations??

In other news, our baby girl is going to have two girl cousins her age! Kim and Lindsay are both having girls, and we are so excited for them. They are both due in March, and only a couple days apart! So fun.

Our week is going well, even with all the tests. When I come on a stressful week or day, I get a little bit of tunnel vision and get too wrapped up in the things going on. But every time the stress is over, I remember that there is life afterwards! So this week I have tried to focus on the things that are most important instead of the things that were stressing me out. I think it's working! There will be life after this week, after this semester, after everything hard. And, I've done just as well (if not better!) on my tests. So I guess the key for me is to remember to "forget not to be happy now," as Pres. Uchtdorf told us HERE.

This weekend for us again begins on Thursday, with the arrival of my dad and Kim with her cute family! We'll have a fun few days with half of the siblings together.

p.s. Is it normal that my bruise from getting my blood drawn a week ago still hurts?? It doesn't look as bad anymore, but it kills!




4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wish I were coming this weekend too. I'm feeling awfully homesick lately. My arms always bruise super bad from blood draws too. Just wait till you actually have a baby. It always takes several nurses and lots of pokes to get my IV in, and my arms bear the bruises for weeks. Thanks for the reminder to be happy now. I'm just not having a happy few days..argh.

Bekah said...

Haha, this post made me laugh. What a ridiculously clueless boy! You're so great, and I'm so excited that you are going to be a mom!

Kimberly said...

Thanks again for always hosting all of us at the drop of a hat!! Ha I can't wait to hear if that kid makes yet another comment. Cause let's be honest, you'll probably get EVEN bigger! :)

Barbaloot said...

How fun that the three of you are pregnant together!! I have a couple groups of nieces/nephews that are super close in age and it's so fun to see them together as they grow up.

PS-it's been forever since I've seen you! Glad I can keep up with your life through blogs:)