Can I admit something? I didn't really make any New Year's resolutions. My life has changed so much already this year and we have more big changes coming our way- graduating, moving, etc. so I didn't want to set some unattainable goal for myself and just end up disappointed. I've decided instead to set monthly goals and take life on in smaller chunks. So, my goals for February:
-Eat healthier. I watched "Forks Over Knives" last night- made me think quite a bit. I want to have a better, more plant-based diet. Not that I'm cutting out meat and dairy completely, but I'd like to use it less- the meat that's in my freezer will last me the whole month hopefully. This will require a little creativity and branching out on my part, so I'm excited!
-Journal more consistently. Giselle gave me the "Mom's One Line a Day" journal at my baby shower and I love it! The only problem is that I haven't been doing it every day. So then I go back and try to fill things in, but I know it's not as meaningful when I'm just writing general stuff. This month I will at least write in that every day. And maybe blog a little more too?
-Be better at the little daily things. Scripture study, prayer, etc. Because really, those things aren't little!
I was reading in the Ensign today and was inspired by this quote: "As we reflect on the value of resolving to do better, let us determine to discipline ourselves to carefully select the resolutions we make, to consider the purpose for making them, and finally to make commitments for keeping them and not letting any obstacle stop us. Let us remind ourselves at the beginning of each day that we can keep a resolution just for that day." I think I tend to make a bigger deal of things than is needed, so I'm just going to take these resolutions one day at a time! February will be awesome!
1 comment:
Camille--I sometimes read your blog (congrats on the new baby!) and couldn't help commenting on this post. My husband and I have been doing a whole foods, plant-based diet since the beginning of the year (we also watched Forks Over Knives) and so far it has been amazing. I thought it'd be hard, but we love it and feel great. We've kept track of our favorite meal ideas and I'd be happy to share if you want some! :) bynz13 at gmail
Post a Comment