Monday, February 20, 2012

Another week

We took Millie to church for the first time yesterday! Despite my fears of her having a blowout or screaming/grunting the whole time, she did great. Slept the whole time and let everyone ooh and aah over her cuteness. I think maybe she was born with some jedi sense of what not to do in public- she has been so good every time I've taken her out so far! Knock on wood. I probably just jinxed myself by writing that.

She's still rollin' around, but it's hard to get her to roll when she doesn't want to. I think she must get her stubbornness from her mama. We ventured up to Uncle Dick and Aunt Sheila's house last night for dinner and it was a delicious and fun evening! Millie loved meeting her dad's cousins.

Heidi comes up this week! She and Papa J will arrive Wednesday and we are SO excited. We spent Saturday re-organizing the spare bedrooms and getting rid of stuff we don't need. The less we have to move with in a few months, the better! I'm in the process of scrapbooking all of the little love notes and random stuff from when we were dating. That's the kind of stuff I can't bear to throw away but didn't know what to do with for a long time. Then I saw THIS video and decided I'm going to copy Elder Scott and just paste them in a simple black book! I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Also, I need some reading suggestions! Now that I'm completely done with school, I'm excited to read for fun again. Any must-reads I should know about? Help please!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Get on goodreads.com and make an account! then you can see all your friends' reviews and recommendations. Steph and Lindsay are on it, so you should do it too :).

Lisa Ogles said...

Anytime somebody asks me for book suggestions I tell them to read The Road of Lost Innocence by Somali Mam. I think it's a must read for everyone - i's about a Cambodian girl and her experiences with human trafficking. Very good, very inspirational.