Saturday evening was the General Relief Society Meeting of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Did you watch it? If not, you can watch it HERE. I won't lie- I completely forgot to watch it on Saturday. It started at 6 pm here and at about 6:30 it hit me. Thank goodness for delayed TV and for DVR. I finally watched it today, and wow. It was beautiful and just what I needed to hear. Especially after learning some sad news today.
In one of my BYU student wards, we had an awesome choir director named Sarah. I didn't know her very well, but she was a super positive person and so fun to be around. Since our time at BYU, she got married and had a baby boy (thank goodness for facebook keeping me up-to-date, since we aren't close). She recently gave birth to a second son, and apparently he was sick- he died yesterday, 4 days after his birth. I hope she will forgive me for stealing this picture from facebook, but it just touched me so much and I want to share.
My heart just breaks for this sweet family. I cried as I saw this and other pictures from their last few moments with their baby boy. I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling, and I know what I'm about to say is easy for me to say because I'm not the one in that situation. But what I was reminded of in the Relief Society meeting is that even though I don't know what she is feeling, our Savior Jesus Christ has felt it. Doesn't that thought just bring you so much comfort? I felt so much comfort from even my small-in-comparison-sympathy-sadness for Sarah- I hope she feels His love and comfort through this unimaginably difficult time. I know He will bear her burdens with her and that He loves her and her baby boy so much. Please keep Sarah and her family in your prayers!
I am hugging my baby a little tighter today.

1 comment:
the broadcast was so amazing. it's crazy how it his us all in a different way! love your testimony and you and your baby is beautiful.
Post a Comment