Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday thoughts

- I started listening to Christmas music recently. Usually, I start November 1st. But being down here in warmer weather holds the urge off a little bit. Anyway, so last week I turned on my holiday station on Pandora. Michael Buble's "I'll Be Home for Christmas" filled the room, and I just melted. You know that feeling when you've done something really hard or been gone for a while and then you see your mom for the first time? That's how I felt. A weird way to describe it, but that's it. I just felt like I had come home in a way- we've had Christmas music on ever since! I love the holiday season!

- We are buying a second car this week. I am so excited! No more grocery shopping on Saturdays and bumming rides.

- Millie had her first cold last week, and it was so sad. All I could think was how grateful I am that her health has been so good that this was her first cold! I'm not sure I could have handled much more than that. I caught whatever she had, and blew it up into one of those weekend-knockout colds. Still sounding like a man. Thank goodness for a sweet husband and sweet in-laws for taking over Millie duty on Saturday so I could sleep it off!

-My brain won't turn off the last few days. I lay awake at night and thoughts just run non-stop! I'm not even stressed, so I'm not really sure what the deal is. Losing sleep for no reason isn't a good idea ever, but especially when recovering from a cold. 

- I really like this guy, and I'm so excited to have the whole rest of the week with him!



1 comment:

The Walkers said...

That picture of you two is so adorable!! Love it. And thank you so much for your article on mothering. I've read it before, a long time ago before I was a mother, and reading it this time was so meaningful! It really touched me and helped me feel a renewal of sorts. :)