Tyler and I talked about Millie's first word a lot before it happened. What would it be? When would it be? We should watch what we say! I hope it's funny!
{For the purpose of record-keeping, Millie did say "papa" for a few weeks whenever she saw a picture of my dad, but it didn't last, so I'm not sure if that counts. Moving on.}
Millie's bedtime routine (when Daddy's home) goes like this: she takes a bath and then Daddy reads the scriptures to us while I feed Millie her bottle. She often finds reasons to stop drinking for a minute-- to share her milk with Daddy, to point at my eyes or nose, to babble something really important, to make sure I have her binky in my hand, etc. But a few weeks ago, she sat up, took the bottle out of her mouth, pointed at her bouncy ball in the corner of the room, and said very clearly, "Ball." As if it was so important that we know that the ball is, in fact, a ball that she had to come out of her non-speaking state to tell us. Very deliberate and serious (and hilarious to us).
So that was it! We cheered and clapped and made her repeat it a bunch of times before resuming bedtime activities. The way it happened is very Millie- she doesn't do things until she can do them really well! You should watch her say "more" in sign language. There has never been a better "more." That girl cracks us up!
![]() |

1 comment:
Cute!!! That was Tyler's first word too!
Post a Comment