So, I got one of the best phone calls of my life on Wednesday. I was with Gigi and Grammy and Millie having our girl's day, when Tyler called around noon. He said he was going to lunch with his team and then coming home!! His client filed that day, so it was the end of the big audit. Then he asked if I could get out of going to the Young Women's activity that night and if we had a babysitter for Millie. Yes and yes (thanks to Gigi)! His boss had given him tickets to the rodeo for that night! And they were nice tickets in a box, where they serve you yummy food and everything! I kept saying "No way!" each one getting louder and higher-pitched than the last. So he came home, we dropped Millie off with Gigi, and headed downtown.
 |
| Herding us in like cattle |
 |
| Anything miniature is adorable |
 |
| But that is not |
 |
| We HAD to get a famous rodeo cinnamon roll |
 |
| It did not disappoint!! |
 |
| Longhorns... it smelled REALLY good in there |
 |
| Yummy food |
 |
| Blue Bell ice cream in a little plastic cowboy hat (that I may or may not have rinsed out and brought home for Millie!) |
 |
| We saw someone get seriously hurt and I thanked Tyler for being an accountant |
 |
| Dierks Bentley time!! |
We had so much fun! I didn't know how many of Dierks Bentley's songs I knew and loved before this. He would not have been my first choice of concerts to go to, but we both really enjoyed it! We both loved the rodeo events too. My favorite was by far mutton bustin'- those kids were adorable. But barrel racing was fascinating and the wagon races were fun too. It was a peek into a world that I really know nothing about, and it was cool to see!
We plan to make the rodeo a tradition as long as we live here. I'm glad that we didn't bring Millie because it was SO loud (I think after my classes on hearing loss I'm a little bit sensitive to that) but we will definitely take her in future years. It was awesome!
2 comments:
Blue Bell ice cream, Dierks Bentley, AND cinnamon rolls? Not to mention you live in Texas, the most wonderful place in the world... Do you have any idea how jealous I am of you right now?
COOL!! That looks like so much fun! I love rodeos. And blue bell. And country music. And I'm so glad you got a date with Tyler! If any couple deserves it you guys do!
Post a Comment