Friday, March 22, 2013

Millie things

-Millie's favorite thing lately is to pray. Well, to fold her arms anyway. There have seriously been times where I've wondered what I should do (like when Millie was sick or when we were locked out) and I wonder it out loud, and then look over to see Millie fold her arms. It's adorable- I hope she always knows to pray when she doesn't know what else to do. But there are also times where she wants to pray over every morsel of food that passes her lips. Cute and time-consuming.

-She LOVES to be outside. I found a cute miniature lawn chair at Wal-Mart for $5 and it was probably the best purchase ever. Millie sits in it outside, inside, wherever! She even pushes it around on the tile (because that's obviously way more exciting than pushing her shopping cart or stroller). We eat lunch outside, go to the park, and bring things outside that we normally do inside.

-Millie can sign all done, eat, more, water, and we're working on thank you. She doesn't say much yet, but tries really hard to copy what we say.

-Another obsession of late is shoes. She practices taking them off and putting them on (and crying in frustration when she can't) all day long. We recently got her a few new pairs since she grew out of all her old ones, and she thinks they're the coolest!

-She's still not being a great eater. At least, not of the things I want her to eat! She's happy to eat her baby food and crackers and, of course, sweets. I've learned a lot with her of what NOT to do for future children! I'm trying to get her to eat what we eat, and right now that involves letting her play with a little bit of it. Very messy, but she's tried apples recently and liked them (which she would never let in her mouth before) so I hope we're making progress. 

-Millie loves to climb and can even get up and down from the couch by herself. I caught her with one foot over the edge of her crib the other day, so I wonder how close we are to a toddler bed. When we go to the park she wants to run and play with the older kids on the big playground. She gets so mad when I hold her back!! She's growing up too quickly.

-She still loves to put on hats and scarves- I need to make her some dress-ups! I'll put an apron on her when we're cooking/baking and she stands in front of the fridge and looks at herself. Millie is a girl, for sure!

-The biggest change for Millie physically has been her hair- it's getting so long! I can't wait to braid it and curl it. We think she is pretty darn beautiful, in our completely unbiased opinion.

-She is interested in coloring these days, which is so fun! She'll sit and scribble and put her hand down on the paper so I'll trace it.

Millie is my little buddy. We love her so much!

Long hair and the box she has been sitting on to do everything the last 2 days


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

She is so beautiful and she cracks me up! It is so sweet how she prays over all her food, I love it. Wish we could watch her grow up in person! Miss you!

Tiffany said...

She is such a doll and I am so jealous of all that hair! Sometimes it kills me to read your blog because our girls are at the same stage and loving the same things, they would be fast friends! Hope you all are well!

ashley said...

oh my goodness gracious. she's so freaking cute! and you too!!! i am SOOOOOO jealous that she likes to be reverent. crew is completely a demon child if it is anything to do with praying, sacrament meeting, and scriptures. i love being a mom hahaha life is so funny with these kids!!! you rock!