Millie had a half birthday on Saturday!! We can't believe she is 18 months old. She went to nursery at church on Sunday and really liked it! She did great until they brought her to me for a poopy diaper. Once she saw me it was hard to go back. Tyler walked by and heard her crying so he rescued her! She fell asleep on his shoulder for the last little bit of church. Poor thing. But I think after a week or two she will do really well!
At 18 months, Millie:
-loves her binky, grapes, strawberries, chips, toast, fruit snacks (any sweets, really) being outside, pretending to cook, swimming, Super Why, and reading.
-dislikes most other foods, coming inside when she's playing outside, being ignored (she repeats things over and over until answered/acknowledged), and putting things away. She really is such a happy, easy-going girl- I had to think for a long time to write some things she doesn't like!
-says Dada, Mama, Gigi, Poppy, Ma (Grandma), Pa (Grandpa), Nana, Botz, Mammy (Grammy), Ida (Heidi), James, AJ, Gar-gar (for Garrett AND Mitchell- she'll learn the difference someday), water, toast, butter, grapes, all done, more, no, cheese, bottle, please, thank you (signed), bye, hi, baby, babies (binky), treat, ice (outside), Teddy, eat, buck (buckle), car, walk, at (hat), mower, tars (stars), plate, watch, ya-ya (love you), and other things I'm not remembering I'm sure. I've never written it down before!
-has become quite the runner! It's hard for me to keep up with her sometimes, she's so fast.
-is a Mama's girl but gets so excited when Daddy comes home.
We went to her 18-mo. checkup on Friday. I was actually worried about her weight because of how picky she is, but she is growing well. She's 33" tall, 90%ile. Weighs 23.9 lbs, 40%ile (up from the 22%ile last checkup). Her head is still big-- 19", 93%ile!
Millie looks so old to me lately! She's becoming a little girl and it kind of breaks my heart sometimes. If this weren't such a fun age I'd be really sad to see her grow up! But we love watching her grow and learn. Millie is my little buddy and is the sunshine in our lives.
![]() |
| Everything is a hat these days |
![]() |
| She is actually really good at walking in my shoes! |
![]() |
| At her 18-mo. checkup |
![]() |
| I didn't tell her to strike a pose. Such a diva! |







1 comment:
i can't believe how big she is! she is so stinking cute, i can't wait to see her and all of you at the wedding!
Post a Comment