I'm finally catching up on this blog! Feels a little dusty. Hopefully I can remember the important things that have gone on the last couple of months.
We got home from Utah on New Year's Eve and spent a few days recovering. I was a little under the weather (which seemed to be a theme for me for all of December and January) and Tyler went right into the craziness of busy season. Usually it kind of ramps up gradually but he was on another client for January so it just was nuts right from the beginning for him. Millie didn't go back to school until January 8 so we enjoyed that week with her home. I made a list of 30 things I want to do before turning 30 (oh yeah, and turned 29!) and immediately started checking off the easy stuff haha. One of the first was to pay my library fines. The crazy long receipt made it look like a lot more money than it really was! But Max sure thought it was funny.
Millie drew me a nice picture for my birthday. We didn't do much celebrating of my birthday since I wasn't feeling great, but I had a visit from both our families and was shown so much love. Millie drew me a sweet picture too.
Max was also a little under the weather that week and slept a lot. One time he sat down to read a book with me and was out within 2 pages.
Millie enjoyed her break from school but was excited to go back. She has had a few times where she came home sad because of some things a girl in her class said to her. Sweet Millie made this girl a bracelet and drew her a picture in hopes that "she'd know I'm her friend." Broke my heart and made me proud all at once.
Millie and Max were super excited to take their own money to Sam's Club so they could buy their own slurpees and not have to share. It's the little things.
No comments:
Post a Comment