The kids had lots of fun with Valentine's Day this year. Millie worked on her handmade cards for a while before the day. It was so cute. We did look at the boxes of valentines at the store and Millie didn't think they were pretty enough haha. So she made these beautiful cards with glitter glue hearts and a peppermint patty. Every card said pretty much the same thing. ("So they're equal, Mom.")
We had our preschool celebration the day before. Max and his friends had fun passing out valentines to each other and decorating/eating sugar cookies.
I took the leftover cookies to my visiting teaching sisters. For being semi-adamant about only making sugar cookies twice a year, I have a hard time not buying cute cookie cutters when I see them! The LOVE letters were new this year. Unfortunately, on our way to deliver them I had to brake harder than the cookies could handle. I had a couple of cookies fly around and get frosting in some strange places. Luckily I was able to deliver 2/3 plates.
Had a little moment I wanted to remember. When we got back from delivering cookies Gigi was there to see us! We were happy to see her but I was mortified that she saw the state of my house. It was atrocious. I looked around after she left and just felt so embarrassed! I started to angrily clean but then looked around again and had a different thought. Just that day, this messy room had been the place for preschool prep and staging, meal making, eating, cookie decorating, valentine making/drying, dancing, and playing. While I do want to be better about tidying as I go to keep things under control, I felt in that moment it was important to be thankful for a room and house that works to fill all these roles we need it to fill. We are so blessed.
These pics were from actual Valentine's Day. So thankful for these little loves, and of course Tyler!
Millie was so excited to come home and show us all her loot from the class party.



No comments:
Post a Comment