Monday, January 13, 2020

Welcome 2020!

We got to hang out with Gigi, Poppy, and the Morris crew on New Year’s Eve. We went to the boardwalk to see the pretty Christmas tree before they took it down, which turned into an ice cream outing and then some park hopping! The kids loved watching their ice cream be made with liquid nitrogen.



We played at Gigi and Poppy’s and had dinner. Wes introduced our kids to The Lion Guard so they had fun watching that too. They love to pretend they are the lion guard, lots of roaring involved there! It’s pretty cute.


New Year’s Day (my birthday!) we met up with Monka, Umpa, Sarah, Tim and Lauren at the bowling alley. Growing up we kind of had a tradition of going sledding on my birthday when we were in snow, but now that we’re pretty consistently not in snow it has morphed into bowling! It’s fun, and a little depressing how bad I am at it now. I guess my once or twice a year bowling is not enough practice?? Shocking.


And then lunch at Freebirds. Yum.


Then we said goodbye to Sarah and Umpa, as they were leaving to get Sarah back to school. We went over to Gigi and Poppy’s to hang out for the rest of the day, and Millie played pool for the first time! And she beat me. Not even joking. Thankfully my self-esteem does not hang on my bowling or pool abilities, or else it would have been a sad day for me.


Tyler took me out for a birthday date a couple days later - tennis and dinner at Chuy’s. We had fun, even though Tyler beat me. I’m realizing as I write this that an unintended theme of my turning 31 was losing at everything I played! Hopefully not a bad omen for the whole year. 


No comments: