Thursday night I had a little GNO (that's Girls' Night Out, fyi [that's for your information, jic you didn't know {that's just in case... okay, I'll stop}]) with Aunt Dana, Giselle, Gabby, and Natty. We ate at Zupas and then saw "Letters to Juliet." We had a great night! The movie was cute, and it was great to catch up with some of my favorite people. :) A little GNO never hurt anyone.
Friday night I made Muddy Buddies. YUM. I wanted to make something for the couple that substituted for my Primary class, but I didn't want to spend the time or the heat making cookies. Muddy Buddies are the perfect solution, and they're not too heavy! But then after making them, a surprise came. A guy from the Juergens' ward in Houston was bringing up some stuff for Garrett and Mitchell for school, and a very special package came! I knew immediately what it was, and I may or may not have squealed. As soon as we were done unloading everything and he left, I ripped open the letter, opened the box, and cried. It was a sewing machine! But not just any sewing machine-- it's my mom-in-law's sewing machine from when they were first married. I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude for her generosity and thoughtfulness! And, Tyler's cuteness. He wrote me a sweet letter, saying that he was going to work a few Saturday's to get overtime to get a machine for me, but then his mom insisted she lend me hers. Such kindness from both of them! I felt so loved. Had to wipe the tears from my eyes quick and go to Cari and Ryan's place. We watched Nacho Libre! Good thing we didn't start until 10-- that movie is way funnier late at night, we realized. Great times. :) I brought the leftover Muddy Buddies and we devoured them.
Saturday was super-productive for me. I cleaned out and reorganized the pantry (resisted alphabetizing the soups... haha), swept out the porch and stairs, put all of Garrett and Mitchell's stuff in our extra bedroom, cleaned off Tyler's desk to make room for the sewing machine (I'm going to have to find a different place for that soon), updated the budget, crocheted a bit, and cleaned the kitchen. I took off for the afternoon to run some errands: went to Rod Works and found the perfect little basket for the decorative balls I made (they look great!), went to the library (unsuccessful-- it was closed), and dropped off the treats and got my manual back from the people that subbed for me. What a day. Then I came home, ate dinner, and then Giselle called! She made my day by inviting me to go play tennis with her, Austin, and Uncle John. We had a great time.
Sunday was a good day. The kids were a little better during class (probably because I brought treats for our lesson on sharing), and sharing time was a hoot. At the beginning, the kids recite an Article of Faith, and this week we were on number 8. The last sentence goes, "We also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." The little boy in my class turns to me and says, "Wait... the word of GOD?" I nod and smile and gesture for him to be quiet, and then he says very loudly, "Whoa-- that sounds important." All the adults cracked up. Unfortunately, he was loud like that throughout the whole last hour. Maybe I need to bring a muzzle to church. I stayed after for the next ward's meeting because one of my friends from high school was reporting on his mission. It was great to catch up with high school friends. I can't believe everyone's coming home! Makes me feel old. :) After that meeting I went home and made scotcheroos, ate lunch, and crocheted for a bit while watching Pride and Prejudice. Such a great movie! I went to the Wright's for dinner and we had a great time. Thanks to them for letting me crash their family dinner!
This week will be great, especially when it's over. :) But I have a lot to do so it really will be good and *hopefully* go by fast!! Any ideas on something easy, quick, and useful that I can sew to get back into the groove?
1 comment:
I absolutely LOVE sewing. When I got a machine I refreshed my memory with pajama pants! Those are always pretty easy. And you can make matching ones for your hubby :) After that I had a lot of fun making a cute apron.
Post a Comment