I have been reading tons lately at work. Things have really slowed down here a lot, and I kinda love it. Some of my favorites recently have been The Hunger Games and The Fixer-Upper. I wasn't anticipating too much from The Hunger Games because of all the hype, but I am totally on board now... can't wait to read the second one. Unfortunately, I'm at least 150 down on the library's waiting list-- it'll be a while. But I'm currently reading "Mom, Interruped: A Young Family Faces Cancer." It's about my dad's cousin. You should read it. I'm not even 100 pages into it, and I've already cried twice.
By the way, my husband is home. :) That lame smiley face isn't adequate to express my happiness! It was so great to have him sitting next to me at church, holding my hand. It's like he never left, but better. Pretty cool. We watched Charly yesterday (what is it with me and this self-inflicted cancer-related torture lately??) and bawled together. He ate ice cream with me (have you ever eaten ice cream alone? Pretty depressing) and we took a walk around the park. I love having my best friend back.
1 comment:
So glad your hubby is back! You did it, way to go to keep busy and be able to do that! You are going to have to tell me how Mom, Interrupted is...I still have not gotten up the courage to read it! I Hope you are doing well! :)
You are such a great reader, I think you should post a blog of all your favorite books and books you are going to read soon. I am making a list of what I want to read for the rest of this year! I am currently reading a book about Mother Teresa! Awesome but a little slow! What do you suggest next?
Post a Comment