Our trip was amazing! I can't wait to post pictures and tell you all about it. I'll have to do that when I get home from work today. But if I had to describe the trip in one word: perfect. I still can't believe he planned it all without me knowing. It felt like everyone knew except me!
We got back Saturday afternoon and spent the evening catching up on laundry and unpacking. We watched Australia, which was cool. Very different movie, but we enjoyed it. Sunday was our anniversary! It's crazy that we've been married a whole year. Church was especially entertaining and we laughed at the kids the whole way home. We love our calling! We ate lunch and watched some of Tyler's home videos. I sure hope our kids are as cute as Tyler was as a kid! Seriously, the most adorable thing ever. Then I took him on a drive to our temple. :) That's where I surprised him finally. After a weekend of surprises from him, it was my turn! I gave him a big framed photo (one of those ones that looks like a painting) of the temple to hang in our living room. He then surprised me (seriously, he's a little too good at hiding stuff from me haha) with a beautiful bracelet. We walked around the grounds a bit and then headed home. I love Tyler so much! It's crazy how fast time goes, and I can't believe a whole year has passed, but at the same time, it's the most natural thing in the world. We're just this old married couple now. :) Can't wait for many more years with you, honey!
Yesterday began my last week of working at this job! I am SO excited to be done. I've loved this job, but I'm just so ready for a change. This week is dragging on like you wouldn't believe. But I survived work, and went home to see some things in our apartment rearranged. Tyler moved the sewing machine into our bedroom! Probably a good idea, if he ever wanted to study in peace. :) We ate a quick dinner and then headed off to MV to play tennis with Austin and Giselle! We played a doubles match in couples like normal, then Giselle and I took Audie and Tyler on. We were unsuccessful for the 3rd time! This is absolutely unacceptable. We both taught our husbands everything we know about tennis, and then they turn on us and kick our bums. Not fair. We were all exhausted after 4 close sets of tennis! Tyler and I went home and crashed, but not before watching a Gilmore Girls episode. Gretchen gave us the first season, so we're starting from the beginning! He's so sweet to watch with me. :)
I'm trying to be patient waiting for this week to be over, but it's hard! I'm so excited to have some relaxing time with Tyler before school starts. We don't have tons planned yet, but one thing we'd like to do is go to the zoo! And, lots of tennis. No way Giselle and I are going down again... we have to beat the boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment