But then, whether or not you're ready, Monday comes! I think it'll be a good week though. Fall officially hits us on Wednesday, which is pretty exciting. We haven't been great about taking pictures lately, in part because studying and doing homework is not picture-worthy. But for all the complaining I do about school and studying, I want to say that I seriously love being back in school! I am so fascinated by everything I'm learning. This morning I have a lab for my acoustics class and we get to go into the anechoic chamber here on campus. How cool is that?!? Also, Saturday was my first time working with cadavers, and it was such a cool experience. I gain a stronger testimony every week that we were created by a Heavenly Father who loves us so much! I recently finished reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin (which I recommend to everyone, by the way) and it really made me want to work on being more grateful and happy and content with my life. It's hard to balance that with having ambition and setting and achieving goals, but a balance that I need to get to. Anyway, random thoughts.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Not quite ready
for this week to start. My weekends are precious. Except for the fact that Saturdays feel like part of the week. So I guess it's more appropriate to say that my Sundays are precious. My dad-in-law is in town, so we spent some of the weekend with him. Friday night I made ugly chicken for 4 big-eater guys... quite an accomplishment. I'm just glad our rice cooker held up! :) Saturday Tyler and I helped clean the church and then I went to my anatomy lab for 3 hours while Ty went golfing with his dad and brothers. I turned green with envy when they kept telling me how pretty Hobble Creek Canyon is right now! Sounds like I need to take a scenic drive. I got some more homework done in the afternoon and then we went to Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner with the fam. I love that place! If you've ever been to Craigo's in Rexburg, then this is the place for you. It's delish. Sunday was my favorite day. Church was a little tiring (those kids have upped their doses of crazy, I swear) and we went to my cousin Dan's mission homecoming. It's so cool that all my friends from high school and cousins my age are coming home! It's fun to see how people have changed. We had the best afternoon, in part because it included a nap. :) I love being with Tyler and not having homework or other things to do getting in the way. We talked for a good few hours about everything and nothing, and it was just what I needed. I made chocolate chip pancakes for dinner (Yes, don't I deserve a gold star for making healthy meals) and relaxed while Tyler caught up on some reading. Sundays are perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so mad I didn't get to talk to you on Sunday at Dan's homecoming! Rats. I was looking forward to that.
Post a Comment