Monday, November 8, 2010

Needs and wants

-After standing in the pouring rain waiting for the bus this morning, I decided that I have a sincere need for: a pair of rain boots and an umbrella. Also, today is a bad day to have bangs.

-I want another pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. Despite my posting about making them last week, I didn't get around to it until yesterday. They turned out so well! We may or may not have had cookies for lunch yesterday. Yup- just cookies. I can tell you're jealous.

-Need to change my clock in our bedroom. Actually maybe not-- I have never gotten ready so quickly in the morning as I did today!

-Want to go running in the rain. Maybe I could jump in some puddles too if I had those boots.

-Tyler doesn't agree, but I need some new (or rather just more) winter clothes. Maybe if he did the laundry for a month he would understand.

p.s. Our weekend was great. Friday night we went to the BYU hockey game (did you know BYU has a hockey team?!? I didn't) and they beat Utah by one goal. It was really exciting, even though I know zilch about hockey. All I know is that they scored goals and there was a fight or two. We were so inspired by them that we went ice skating on Saturday night with Adam and Aubrey! Tyler and I began our quest to be the next gold medal figure-skating pair. I learned to skate backwards and twirl in a circle, so basically you can watch for us in the next Winter Olympics. We also got to play tennis Saturday afternoon with Giselle and Audie- the weather was PERFECT. Thanks to Smith's, we have carbonation in our home for the first time ever (plus a bottle of strawberry lemonade- my favorite). You can't beat 79 cents for a 2 liter! We also spent some time with Randall and Crystal, watching Amazing Race and playing Loaded Questions. Oh, and eating too much. As usual.

No comments: