We had a great weekend. And week before that, though I don't remember much of it. :) All I know is that I had my last quiz for Anatomy! Crazy! I will take the lab final the Tuesday after Thanksgiving- so if you're trying to find me before then, I will be in the cadaver lab studying. Except for when it's closed, when I will be sleeping. Eat, sleep, anatomy. Saturday night Mitchell, Garrett, and Adam came over. We watched The Guardian (still in my top 10 favorite movies list) and had root beer floats. We love having them close by! Sunday was a great day, despite my waking up with the worst headache I've ever had. I don't think I've ever woken up with a headache... no fun. Two awesome talks were given in Sacrament Meeting though- one on humility and another on strengthening marriage. How much more applicable can it get?? Primary was great after that too. We had a few of the Sunbeams in our class because their teacher didn't show up, which was a glimpse into our near-future. They are slightly more crazy than our current class, if possible! But we had fun- Tyler is so much better with them than I am. It's pretty amazing to watch him calm them down. He will be the best dad someday! We had a very relaxing afternoon. I took a nap and made dinner (and oops- some brownies) and our home teachers came over. First time being home-taught since marriage! Pretty awesome.
Our Sacrament Meeting talks hit me so hard though- really made me think. Humility is a huge part of marriage, and also a huge part of being thankful. AND it's something I struggle with. I'm honestly one of the most stubborn people I know. But, when I'm honest with myself, I see so clearly my faults and the things I need to learn from others. There is something to learn from everyone, but I have to be willing to reach out to people in order to know them and then learn from them. I really am so thankful that I have a husband who helps me to be better. He treats me like the person I can become, and that makes all the difference.
By the way, I am SO excited for the holidays. One of my favorite things is surprising people, so gift-giving is really fun for me. Even with little things- I just love the idea that someone doesn't know what's coming! Also, my feet are wet, putting a damper on my day. Literally.
Random picture: at the BYU hockey game last weekend.
1 comment:
good luck with anatomy!!! =) you'll do great!!
Post a Comment