Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sorry Michelle!

Michelle tagged me in this survey about a month ago... and I have taken a long time to do it! My apologies. Here goes.

1)When is your "marriage" anniversary? "engagement" anniversary?
Engagement: March 5, 2009. Wedding: August 8, 2009

2) Where/how did you meet your spouse for the first time?
I have known OF Tyler for a long time. My family has moved in and out of the area that his family lives in near Houston for years. But my first memory of us actually meeting was when he came over to our house in Utah on Easter Sunday with his dad. I was 13, I think. He was good friends with my sister and was actually there to see her, but I'm not gonna lie, I thought he was cute even then!
3) How long have you known your spouse:
I guess you could say 9 years? Or 2.5ish, from when we started dating.
4) How long did you date/court before you were engaged?
Dated for about 7 months before engagement, another 5 before marriage.
5) Do you have any children:
Not yet
6) Do you have any house pets:
Nope! Can't in this apartment. Not sure what we would have if we could anyway...
7) What are some of your favorite activities together:
Well, our first dates involved tennis, and we still love to play all the time. In fact, we played yesterday! Other than tennis, we like to play board games, watch movies, and read books together.
8) Do you have a favorite vacation spot:
Me, or us? The only vacations we've been on have been our honeymoon (cruise to Mexico) and trips to Houston and to Vegas to visit family. We say all the time how much we'd like to go on another cruise though!
9) Where was your first date?
July 24, 2008. Yes, Pioneer day. :) We met at Institute (finally serving its purpose!) and then attempted to play tennis at some nearby courts afterward. I say attempted because we couldn't get the lights on! So we went to TCBY and got ice cream and talked for a few hours. Maybe he rigged the lights- that made it easy for him to plan a 2nd date for the next night!
10) When did you first kiss?

We first kissed the day before he left for a trip to Costa Rica with his family- about a week after our first date. We were on a walk, feeding ducks at a pond near his house! Re-enacted in the picture above. Presh.
11)Who said I Love you First?
Tyler did, I said it right back. Actually, I said "You do?" first so I made sure I hadn't heard him wrong! :)
12) Did you get married in a church?
No we got married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.

13) Where did you go on your honeymoon:

Cruise to Catalina Island and Ensanada, Mexico. It was the best.

14) How long did you know each other before you started dating?
As previously explained, probably about 7 years.
15)What do you call each other most of the time?
I try to avoid "babe" because of Jan and Michael on the Office... did that annoy anyone else? I used to joke and call him honeymuffin, but it kinda stuck... now I say honeymuff or just muff! It's pretty funny. Let's see, Tyler will usually call me hun or sweetie or Cam.
16)Where do you each work or go to school?
We both attend BYU, Tyler works in the Accounting Dept. at Pinnacle. I'm currently looking for a job.
17) Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Anytime we have to make a seemingly easy decision- like what movie to watch! Kind of kidding. Other than that, neither of us are very good at confrontation- especially with other people. Like yesterday, for example. We had reserved a tennis court at BYU, and there were people on it. At the time our reservation was supposed to be, we went to them and said we had reserved it. The guy we were talking to said that he had reserved it for another hour. So we called the office and they had lied about reserving it! WHY??
18) Did you go to the same school?
Nope- not until college.
19) Are you from the same home town?
Yeah, I guess you could say we're both from Houston! I like that we're both Texans.
20) Who is smarter?
We both have different areas of smarts... but I really think my hubby is one of the smartest men ever.
21) Who is more sensitive?
Uh... not sure how to answer this. I'm lucky to have married a man who is sensitive (and will watch chick flicks with me!), but I'm not sure who is more.
22)Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We don't eat out tons... but we like Cafe Rio, Olive Garden, and (recently discovered) Chili's. Their 2 for $20 deal is killer!
23) What attracted you to him first?

Well, when I was 13, it was his insane good looks. I mean, look at that face! I had no idea way back then that I would have a chance to know him better later! But when we started dating, I knew right away that we could get married. He is so good that I had no doubts, from very early on.
24) Who is more social?
Depends on how you define "social." We both really like to have people over and be with people, I'd say equal amounts. I'm louder in groups though. Maybe more they should change this question to ask who is more obnoxious?
25) Who is the neat-freak?
Depends on the day! We both have our moments.
26) What are HIS favorite things and HER favorite things?
His: chocolate milk, new computer programs, basketball, being with his wifey, family, etc. Obviously not in that order.

Hers: desserts, tennis, reading, music, and being with the hubster. Again, not that order.

I tag you, if you want to do it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cam thanks for fulfilling my tag :) This was so cute and the pictures you put in were adorable!! I still really want to get together and hang out!