Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Good kids"

Growing up, Christmas and my dad's birthday were tough. We kids never knew what we could give to Dad! Every time we asked him what he wanted, he would say something like, "All I want this year is good kids." Because apparently we weren't! Just kidding, I hope. But now that I'm a mother myself, I think I understand my dad's request a bit better. I want Millie to be happy and healthy and good! So when I came across this poem today, it just fit perfectly.

My daddy said the other day
He wanted just one gift.
It wasn't a hat, or a fancy tie,
Or a book or a handkerchief.
"All that I shall want" said he,
"And mother wants it too,
Is to have you kind and sweet,
To keep you good and true."
And so though I'm a little girl,
I'll try to do my part,
Each day to bring this precious gift,
To cheer my daddy's heart.

One big silly family

No comments: