Wednesday, September 20, 2017

First days of school

We are finally in school! Millie started Monday, Sept. 11 after a 2-week delay thanks to the hurricane. She kept praying that no more schools would flood so she could "actually go to kindergarten." She was so excited! 





We were expecting the bus to be a little bit slow since it was the first day. We were out there and ready but our parting felt a little abrupt! I was determined to get a video so Tyler could see (he wasn't back from Utah yet) but of course I started the video when I thought I was ending it. Thankfully Sharon took these cute pictures.



I totally did cry when she left. Sharon was at the school and also sent me this pic of her at her desk, smiling and happy, which made me feel so much better.


It felt pretty weird to go on a walk with just my boys!


Millie had a great first day but was a little bummed they spent so much time going over rules. She was excited to get into the nitty gritty haha. She spent the rest of the day making up for all the headstands and handstands she can't do at school. 


The next day was Max's first day of preschool! Also my first day as his preschool teacher. I spent the morning frantically trying to finish everything.


Max didn't seem too nervous but he protested when Tyler "dropped him off" in the preschool room haha. The number of kids made him nervous for a second I guess. But he was fine after a second.




We had a great first day! It definitely wore both of us out.


And this was his "school picture" that we took during outside play. What a handsome boy.


And my favorite part of the day was when Millie came home and the big kids sat down with a cookie and were so excited to tell each other about their days. So sweet.


No comments: