This is just crazy to me. I can't believe my baby is a year old!
Harvey had a great birthday. Not that 1-year olds care or even know! But I caught some of his happy moments through the day. He loves to smile at me in the mirror in his room after a nap. It's one of my favorite things.
I also get the best smiles from him getting out of the car. Getting in, not so much! But he's always happy to get out.
Harvey got some new balls from Monka and Umpa and a bike and coat from Gigi and Poppy. We gave him an IOU for a bedroom redo. Poor boy still sleeps in a pink room.
And he wrestled with Max in a pile of laundry. Harvey loves a warm pile of laundry.
We had our families over for dinner and birthday treats the following Sunday. He was not so sure about the cupcake thing, but of course then got into the spirit of things!
The day we had everyone over happened to be Umpa's birthday. He was so nice to share the birthday limelight with Harvey. Love these two birthday dudes!
Some things about Harvey at 1 year old:
- He is a major climber. Not something we've ever dealt with before and it's really scary! When he is awake my only goal is his survival.
- Harvey loves food and is still very vocal about it. He also loves to drink. Water, juice, milk, anything! He gets super excited about a drink. And then he likes to spike his sippy cups to show his enthusiasm. Or something. It's super cute.
- He doesn't like to perform. You can pretty much guarantee that if you ask him to say something, he won't. When we hold our arms out and tell him to come to us, he'll come close and then veer off at the last second. Such a tease!
- Harvey is a generally happy boy but usually wakes up pretty upset in the morning. Hoping he grows out of this. Sometimes he'll wake up happily from a nap and just babble for a minute but mostly he cries right away.
- He loves to laugh and we love to make him laugh! Max can get him to laugh most easily, which I think is pretty darn cute.
- His first kind of word was, "uh-oh." He only says "mama" when I'm feeding him or he wants something to eat, so he might mean more? I don't know.
- Harvey is pretty adored by everyone he meets! Understandably!
Harvey from 1-12 months. Seeing all these pictures together makes me cry. I love this sweet boy and can't believe he's so big!











No comments:
Post a Comment