Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fish bowl



I wonder sometimes how fish feel, looking at the outside world through the glass of their bowl. I think it's probably similar to how I feel looking out the glass windows of my work. The front wall is not a wall at all-- it's all windows. Thanks to that, I look out and see people walking to and from class, getting groceries, driving, etc. Sometimes I get jealous and wonder what my life would be like without this place, or any job in general. Seems like it would be pretty nice, actually.

Why, then, do I coop myself up in this glass bowl?

Oh yeah.

Reality.

So I take a break from reality for one hour during each day. My lunch breaks are my sanity-savers. This week has been great weather-wise, so I've been able to go on nice runs outside and lay out in the backyard and just soak up the warmth. The rest of the day, it's print this, fax that, and do it faster, until about 5:30 rolls around and I spend the last 30 minutes of the workday looking at my computer screen in a daze, unable to think anymore.

Okay so it's not that bad. But work has been super-busy the last little while. Everyone leaves for summer selling in 2 weeks, and I can't wait!!

Just some thoughts.

No comments: