I went on two bike rides on my new bike before getting a flat! I did my best to avoid anything sparkly or leafy in case of glass or stickers, but I suppose it wasn't good enough! Bummer. I had ridden my bike to work on a Saturday to help with a project and it was flat by the time I was ready to go home. But since that day, I've been thinking about something... and maybe you can help me with the answer.
What's your policy on wearing a helmet?
My cute husband insisted that we both get one. If I had to get a helmet, at least I got one that matched my bike! The two times I have ridden the bike, I have worn the helmet. I look like a fool in my helmet. But the thing is, I know it's safe to wear it, and when I see other people wearing a helmet while riding their bikes, I {rarely} think, "Gosh, that person looks like an idiot in that helmet." Is that just me? Do you wear a helmet?
Tyler and I tried to hike Stewart Falls on Saturday... and we failed. I didn't know how to get there apparently. It was quite a bummer. So we pulled over and asked for directions, and then found that there's a $5 fee/car to park while you hike. What the?!? Since when is there a fee to go hiking? Can we not enjoy the outdoors free of charge? Oh well. Since we didn't have cash, we were forced to turn back. Instead, we tried to walk up to Bridal Veil Falls and at least get a good jog in running past it a few times. But no! There was construction up the path about half a mile from the parking lot! Major bummer. So we're definitely planning on going to Stewart Falls again, this time with cash handy.
I've been thinking about some summer goals. Here's what I've come up with so far:
-Run a half marathon {I'm kicking it off by running the Orem Memorial Day 10k on the 29th! Come run with me!}
-Learn to french braid, specifically my own hair. I think I'm the last girl on the planet who doesn't have this skill.
-Catch up on printing out my blog posts into a book.
-Read all of Jane Austen's books... I have never read ANY. I think I'm also the only female on the planet not to have done this.
It'll be a fun and busy summer... if the weather ever cooperates!
1 comment:
Camille,
I worked with brain injury pts for quite awhile so when ever I see someone with a helmet I honestly say - good job and when I see someone without one I say- you idiot!
Yes I used to think they looked funny but after seeing too many peoples lives crushed, I now think differently. Good for you for wearing your helmet!
Post a Comment