Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Random stuff

-I love 3-day weekends, but it's so hard to head back to reality! Thank goodness we only have a 4-day week ahead of us. We're only a week into school and I'm feeling ready for it to be over! But we'll make it... gotta make it.

-Lately, and thank to pinterest, I feel like I'm obsessed with food! I've found some great new recipes to try, and many {okay most} are desserts, so it'll be really fun to try them all out. I'm very into easy or short meal prep lately, so if you have any must-eats, please send them my way!

-With this dessert/food obsession of late, I've wanted to try my hand at some fun cakes. I found clipped to a magnet on my fridge a $50 giftcard to Williams-Sonoma! 2 years after our wedding, we're still finding that we haven't used up all the gifts yet. So now the only trouble is making a decision of what to get. Tyler and I went to the store yesterday, but I was just so overwhelmed at not knowing what half the stuff was, so we left empty-handed. Help?!? I'm thinking some round cake pans would be good, but stuff like this is just so fun!

-I was complaining to Tyler yesterday, and I guess I didn't get it out of my system because I feel the need to vent here. I am STILL in that {is she pregnant or fat? I think she's just fat} stage. This is super-annoying because I cannot fit into most of my old clothes, nor can I wear a lot of maternity clothes without looking like I'm drowning! What do I do? 

-We are having so much fun being back in Utah. It's so great being close to good friends and so much of our extended family for another year! We want to make the most of it before we move away. 

-I have finally found a new list notebook, and all is right in the world again.


3 comments:

Brenda Jamsion said...

Have you tried the rubber band trick with your pants? Loop the rubber band through the button hole then back around the button. If you don't get it let me know and I can help you. Also, try Savers or DI and look for "big" clothes. It is nice to have "in between" clothes to help not only now but after the baby is born! Good luck. Miss you!

Tiffany said...

Oh I hated the in-between stage, where I just felt fat and not pregnant! Hang in there! I second the rubber band trick sister Jamison mentioned but also try getting normal clothes. I went to Forever 21 and got big shirts, not large in size but baggy, they have some adorable baggy clothes that I wore all through pregnancy and now can wear that the baby is out and I am in the next in-between stage! Also Maxi dresses saved my life this summer-stock up on cheap maxi dresses!!! Forever 21 has some simple ones for $10-15 I got like three of those and then spent some on nicer ones!
Good luck and enjoy the fact that you are not huge yet, it will come all too quickly :)
We miss you two and hope you are doing well!

Kimberly said...

That's funny I remember doing the same thing with my williams-Sonoma gift card (thank you Sis. Asay!). I think I went in three times before I finally decided what to get. Same debate... fun stuff or practical? I ended up going with practical and have loved the stuff I got (whisk, measuring cups, etc.) but kinda' wish I'd gone with something fun. So go for it!!! :)