Thursday, February 3, 2011

I can see clearly now



Did you know I wear glasses?


They're not real. Tyler got them for me for my birthday, because I love to wear glasses. In fact, when I was in first grade, I failed an eye exam on purpose so I could have glasses! They were purple with pink polka-dots. And then one day I was playing really intense at recess, and they were slipping off of my nose. I took them off, put them in a tree, and never went back for them.

Fast forward to an older and more frugal me- don't need to pay for an eye exam, let alone glasses I don't need! So, I have fake glasses. And I feel really smart when I wear them. So smart, in fact, that I like to wear them when I take tests to give me a confidence boost.

I had two tests this week- one yesterday, one today. Yesterday's went well, and I was happy with my score. Today's went well too, but I felt SO good about the test as I was taking it. I am really curious to see what I missed, because I thought I did better than the score that was posted. Pretty sure it had something to do with the fact that I had forgotten these bad boys:


Mystery solved.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

i wear glasses that are dark lik ethat too...but mine are for real haha. i'm pretty blind without them and i get bad headaches. anyway, you look a lot like laura in this picture. i keep having to look back because I don't believe it's you

Michelle said...

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. You totally look like Laura here. Love you!

Barbaloot said...

Did you know I wear glasses for real even AFTER getting Lasik. I'm jealous yours are for fun:)