Monday, February 14, 2011

Our days in the sun

The weather has been so wonderfully warm and sunny the past couple of days!! I'm pretty sure it's not going to stick around, but I appreciate every ray. Saturday we got to play tennis outside! We had to drive to 3 different courts before we found any without snow, but it was so worth it. I wish that day could have lasted forever. Saturday evening we had some of my bestest friends over with their valentines for a little partay. Pretty sure I love my friends, and I love that we're growing up and getting husbands and having babies (congrats to K&N, haha not me)! We had a great time catching up and eating pasta. Thanks again for the meatball recipe, Gretchen! It was a HUGE hit. We all went back for a second serving of just meatballs, sans noodles. :) Tyler asked me if we could have more fondue in our lives after Hillary and Kimmy dazzled us with their chocolate melting skills- yum. Also, I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in breadsticks, thanks to Annie. See you at the gym! Pictures of this lovely evening to come.

Sunday was another great and sunny day- in Primary, Anna said, "Of course it's sunny! It's SUNday!" She thought she was pretty funny. Our lesson was on having faith in Jesus Christ. I was trying to prove the point that even though we can't see Jesus, we know that He lives and that He loves us. So I asked the kids if they had ever seen Jesus. After shaking his head, Denmark said, "I'm pretty sure my friend Lexi has!" We were dying laughing. I don't think he understood why it was so funny. I spent all morning before church making sugar cookies. Do you know how long it takes to make heart-shaped sugar cookies when you don't have a heart-shaped cookie cutter???? I know I have one somewhere... just don't know where. So I cut a heart out of paper and then traced around that heart in the cookie dough with a knife. You can understand why I did half hearts and half circles. After church we came home and frosted the cookies before picking up Giselle and Austin and going to Aunt Sheila's for dinner! We LOVED celebrating LOVE with our family. It was a great night, and there were so many yummy desserts that there are plenty of leftovers to get us through the next month! Or at least the week. :) I took some pictures last night as well. We're trying to do better at documenting the things we do- it's so fun to look back on all the great memories!

Well, because today is Valentine's Day, and I'm pretty positive Tyler's not going to read my blog before I give him his present tonight, I will show you what I made. I haven't taken a picture of the final product yet, but just imagine this framed and with red pleated fabric in the border:


Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Taylor @ Drinking From Jars said...

I love that gift! So creative and thoughtful. Happy Valentines Day!

Tiffany said...

Such a creative gift-- I love it!