We all went home and ate lunch and changed into winter gear. Keep in mind that everything was a surprise... I kept asking "Will I need this? Will I need these?" Which probably got annoying, but when you don't know what you're doing, it's hard to dress appropriately for it! Anyway, Audie and Giselle picked us up and we drove up Hobble Creek Canyon. Giselle and I kept throwing out ideas: snowmobiling? Hiking? Igloo-building? But never would have guessed SNOWSHOEING! There's a winter recreation center up the canyon somewhere (I don't know what it's called) that rents out snowshoes, sleds, and cross-country skis (which we're definitely going to try next time we go) for really cheap- snowshoeing was only $6/person! So we trekked out across the rugged mountainland (I guess it wasn't too rugged... we were passing playgrounds and barbeque pits) in the deep snow. We had a blast! I never knew snowshoeing could be so tiring though. The weather was perfect- it stopped raining right as we got there. I can't wait to go back!
Tyler and I went grocery-shopping and did some cleaning and had dinner after that, but then we went over to Austin and Giselle's place and watched "Despicable Me" and had hot chocolate and Oreos. Such a cute movie!! Definitely one we need to get.
Sunday night we had them over for dinner and Amazing Race. We all ate so much- pretty sure I ate my weight in chicken dumplings and pb/chocolate chip pazookies. We played Bananagrams and Austin schooled all of us! I want to practice now so it won't be so embarrassing next time.
Not sure what today will bring. Tyler has to work for a little bit, and I need to use his computer for few projects (who just makes a project that can't be done on Macs? Rude) but we'll hopefully find some time to do something President-y. Hope you're enjoying this day off too!
1 comment:
what a fun date!! I've only been snow-shoeing once, not for very long, when Kenny proposed. you guys do so many fun things! i love it.
Post a Comment