Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mooooo Bars

Here it is, as promised. It's really nothing special... just a twist on a classic. But it does solve one of my pet peeves! I hate it when you pick up what you think is a chocolate chip cookie, but that one happened to not get any chocolate chips in it! This is the first treat I've ever made that Tyler won't stop eating. I always feel so fat because I make a treat and Tyler doesn't have as big of a sweet tooth as I do, which means I end up eating most of the treats myself! Anyway, here it is.

Just take whatever chocolate chip cookie recipe you use, but make it without chocolate chips. I use the recipe that's on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip bag, and it's great. Product placement, anyone? Once you've mixed the dough (for the recipe I use, just one batch works fine), spread the dough (all but a few spoonfuls) over the bottom of a large pan. I don't know what size mine is, but it's much bigger than a 9x13.

Once you've spread the dough, melt the chocolate chips and pour that over the dough. If you're using the Nestle recipe, I think it's about 2 cups. I usually use a little more though. :)

Oops- I forgot to take a picture before starting the next step. You can envision what it's like with just the chocolate right?? Next, use the cookie dough you've set aside and plop it on top of the chocolate in little clumps (I kind of smooth mine out so it's a little more flat) all over. Some big, some little, use as little or as many clumps as you want.

Throw it in the oven for 10-ish minutes at 375 degrees and you're good to go! Let them cool completely before you cut 'em up... unless you want to be scrubbing chocolate off of yourself and your kitchen for 2 days.

Tyler came up with the idea to call them Moo Bars, and for 2 reasons: 1) the cookie dough on top looks a little like cow spots, 2) they go perfectly with a glass of milk. Well, that's what Tyler says... I don't drink milk.

3 comments:

annie andersen said...

These look so delicious!!!! I wanna try them! Girl I can't believe you don't drink milk!! Are you lactose intolerant? Tyler and I go through almost two gallons a week! P.s. Lets get together soon!

a&m said...

Good heavens woman! These look so good! Do you have any left overs?

a&m said...

Stop. I just looked at this post again. Seriously. I want some.