Tuesday, March 1, 2011

time March-es on

In my Artic class today, I went to start a new section of notes by typing in the date. Usually I just start typing the month, and press enter because my computer fills in the date for me. I went to type in Feb- and nothing happened. Tried again, still nothing but February showed up. Then I realized- it's MARCH! I really can't believe it. February is usually my least favorite month as far as weather and school goes, but it has flown by, and hasn't been half bad either.

Professor James Brau gave the devotional today (I definitely recommend reading or watching it online, by the way- it was great) and he said some things that are making me think. He talked about the difference between being a student and being a learner, and how part of BYU's motto is, "Enter to LEARN," not study. I think this semester I haven't done as well at really studying and learning- I feel like I'm just walkin' around, putting out fires as they come up and not really absorbing. It's a hard habit to break while taking 17 credits and working, but I really want to do better. I want to feel that same excitement that I felt last semester about going to my classes and sharing what I learn.

Anyway, I'm SO glad it's March. The sun was so warm today, I sat outside while waiting for Tyler's class to get out and it felt amazing. I was craving fruit so badly- good thing we had leftover strawberries and bananas from crepe night! I made a delicious smoothie. Yum. In the winter (S.A.D. time) I just crave carbs and chocolates, but when the sun's out I want fruit and salad! Hooray for the healthier, happier me.

p.s. We're proud to be Cougs!

No comments: