These two books get one post because they're a series! And I'm lazy!
I had seen the movie based on these books a long time ago, so I was curious about them. For some reason it took me a ridiculously long time (over 2 months!) to get through them, but not for lack of good writing. There were just always other things to be done first.
Anyway, the books were pretty good! It's a really sad story right up until the end. A daughter has a hard time being happy and forgiving her mom for a hard upbringing, but then in the end (spoiler alert!), she does forgive her and is able to be married finally. It's set in the South, which was fun. I enjoyed reading about the Ya-Yas and their long friendships with each other- made me miss some people I would consider my own Ya-Yas! The characters and stories were pretty funny sometimes, all deeply flawed but that's the whole point of the book: that life is and can be beautiful even though it's never perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment