Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day/Mom's birthday

We got to be in Lufkin to celebrate Mother's Day this year. My mom's 50th birthday also happened to fall on Mother's Day, so it was a double-the-fun celebration!! We ate a yummy breakfast and went to church and ate a yummy lunch and a yummy dessert. My kind of Mother's Day- it was full of good food! Tyler and I also got to talk to his brothers serving missions- on a video chat! It was so fun to see them and they loved seeing/meeting Millie. We can't wait to see them in person.



Playing MarbleWorks with Grandma

She loved it!!
 I'm so grateful for all the mothers in my life. Tyler and I were talking on our way home from Lufkin about life and family and how grateful we are to have such wonderful families. It's just so amazing and inspired that Heavenly Father gave us families to go through life with! What would we do without each other? We love our families.

One of my favorite memories with my mom was kind of an ongoing one growing up. Each of the kids (once we were old enough) were assigned a night to cook dinner and to do the dishes afterwards. I always chose Thursdays, because that's when ER was on TV! I would take as long as possible to do the dishes so I could watch it all with my mom. We would watch ER and the 10:00 news together. Those were some great one-on-one times with my mom! I'm so glad she is my mom and Millie's grandma.

I'm so grateful to be a mom myself! It's the best job in the world and I wouldn't have it any other way. I was telling Tyler that sometimes it's just a lot of pressure to have these little people rely on you so completely! I hope that years down the road my kids will look back on their childhood with fond memories and feelings. Lucky for me, I have great examples to follow in my mom, sisters, mother-in-law, grandparents, aunts, cousins, and friends. Happy Mother's Day to you all!


No comments: