We love March because it means the end of busy season and the rodeo!! Busy season was going longer than we thought and we weren't sure we'd even get to go to the rodeo this year. I was busy cleaning bathrooms on a Friday afternoon at about 4pm when Tyler called and asked if I wanted to go to the rodeo that night! He had grabbed free tickets from work and Gigi was able to babysit, so we rushed and made it happen. We'd never heard of the artist before (and I can't even remember his name now haha) but we didn't care!
We love watching the rodeo. This year they added a sweet tribute to the animals in the rodeo that may or may not have made me teary.
Such a cool stage, even if I have no idea who is on it.
We were hurrying to get to the rodeo and so didn't get the yummy food we usually do outside the stadium. The bottomless bucket of popcorn was a good concession decision.
I'd pay anything to see this guy in concert!
Just being fools. We had such a fun night!
It just so happened that Tyler had done all that he was able to do work-wise for the weekend, so we skipped the kids' soccer games and went back to the rodeo on Saturday morning! It was a little crazy but so fun. And looking back that was the only weekend we could have made it happen. Millie and I were proud to rock our boots that day.
Millie decided she wanted to do mutton bustin' this year! So we got there early and went straight to the registration tent.
She was so nervous and tried to back out a few times. Tyler was so patient and sweet with her. We told her that even though it was probably scary looking at it now, she'd probably be sad later if she didn't do it.
She finally agreed and got suited up! There were lots of cute, nervous kids in line with her.
And we were nervous for her!
But she totally did it! She rode Sheer Elegance (they have such punny names for the sheep haha) for a couple seconds and then fell off, but was smiling and happy and hopped up right away.
Millie burst into tears when she saw Tyler afterwards, just overwhelmed a little I think.
The cute kids came out for a round of applause with the rodeo clown.
I'm so proud of this courageous, mutton bustin' girl!
We went right to the pig races after that,
and then it was lunch time! Tyler tried a turkey leg this year and said it was good but just SO much meat. The kids enjoyed pizza and fries (because you can't get that anywhere else right? haha).
Cute little rockstars!
Fun, interactive learning about farming.
Then we headed inside to see the livestock,
and make rope!
The bunny exhibit is always a hit with the kids. Harvey was especially into it.
Then it was finally time for the rodeo.
Harvey snoozed on my shoulder
but woke up as we were leaving. We only stayed for a few songs but enjoyed Kelsey Ballerini a lot.
I always love this view!
What a rodeo weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment