Tyler had a work training in New Jersey last week. Since that is so close to his mission (NY, NY South) we thought it would be fun to turn it into a getaway for us! HUGE thanks to Gigi and Poppy for getting me there and taking such great care of the kids while we were gone. We always said we'd go there for our 5th anniversary (a few years ago now haha), so we were super grateful to get to do it at all. I flew into Newark on Thursday where Tyler was waiting for me. On the first leg of my flight, I read an entire book, and on the second leg, I caught up on the many podcast episodes in my queue. Traveling alone (compared to traveling with little kids) is straight up luxurious.
Tyler and I rode a bus from Newark to NYC. Got off at Penn Station and walked right into Times Square! We were so excited to be there, and so excited to find a New York slice.
After eating we went to our hotel (in Queens) to drop off our stuff, then headed back out to see Times Square at night. We were so full of energy and excitement we decided to stop by Grand Central Terminal too.
Times Square was so fun and so insane! So much going on.
We ducked into a little toy shop to take a picture with this little stuffed bear. Ha. What was funny was that the next day as we drove by I saw a man on a ladder combing the bear's fur. We knew the kids would have loved this big guy.
It was so fun learning the subway system and the city with this guy as my guide. He was full of knowledge and memories from his time there as a missionary, and it was so fun for me to see him in his element there.


No comments:
Post a Comment