Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter memories

There's tons to update on-- so much to say. But it's late, and I'm tired. For now, you get to hear what's on the forefront of my mind!

Today is Easter. I am married to Tyler, and I love him so much. It was on Easter Sunday 7 years ago that I first met Tyler! He came over to our house in Orem with his dad. Tyler and my sister Lindsay had met at EFY the summer before, and he was in town for Spring Break and stopped by. Obviously, his interest at the time was not in me. :) But I thought he was good-lookin' regardless of who he was there for. We read the accounts of Christ's resurrection while they were over (classic Andersen "reel-em-in" technique... scripture-reading) and sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today." I remember this so well because Lindsay and I played the hymn on the piano together-- Lindsay on the left hand, me on the right! We butchered that poor hymn, and I'll never forget how hot my face felt and how red it must have looked as we walked back into the living room after playing that song. So humiliated.

Now look at us! We spent the morning at our apartment, along with Kim, Caleb, Steph, Eva, and Leighton. We pigged out as we watched General Conference, then went to the Wright's for Easter dinner with Heidi. I never thought, 7 years ago as a scrawny 13-yr old, that right now I would be married to the good-looking teenager that I drooled over all those years ago! It's funny how life has taken me places I never thought I'd go.

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: