Monday, April 19, 2010

Is there life after finals?


Let me preface this whine session by saying that I know I'm not the one taking them. I am not currently in school (thank goodness for that) so my job is to support the hubby in his academic efforts. Okay, whine session begins now.

I can't wait for finals to be over! Poor Ty is getting canker sores in his mouth from stress, and is so burnt out. I just wish there was something I could do for him to make it better, ya know? No amount of yummy food or massages is going to make the tests easier or the studying less time-consuming. I feel a little useless. Yesterday we started talking about stuff we wanted to do over the summer, and I just got kind of a mind block. Tyler's leaving for two months for an internship in Houston, so we want to do a lot of fun stuff in the next month or so before he leaves. Trying to make a list, however, I couldn't think of anything! Not because there aren't things I want to do, but I just couldn't imagine life after this week. Pretty silly.

But someday, thankfully, finals will end. The next three days will fly by (I'm sure Tyler wouldn't agree since he's the one taking the tests) and he'll be done. 'Til then, I'm going to hunker down with a book and pretend I have a deadline, just like my hubby. Maybe that will make us both feel better.

1 comment:

Kel said...

I keep telling myself "Finals have to end at some point. Finals have to end at some point..." I'm SO thankful I wasn't in school this semester.

I love the FHE idea! We're leaving town this week, but when we get back we should definitely get together.

Can't wait to see you.