Tuesday, February 12, 2019

2018 in review

January: I turned 29, Millie turned 6, I spent a lot of the month being sick (strep, ear infection, colds, etc). We had several days off of school and preschool due to ice/snow which was kind of fun! The big kids started soccer at the end of the month.



February: Tyler and Millie went to their first daddy/daughter dance at the elementary school, I painted Harvey's room (no more pink!) with Mom's help, lots of soccer, Harvey continued to be a crazy climber.




March: We went to the rodeo (once just Tyler and I on a date, the next day with the kids) and Millie tried mutton bustin', had fun during spring break all around Houston with the Webbs, Max turned 4!, more soccer.





April: General Conference on Easter weekend, Max and Millie officially learned to ride 2-wheelers, we went to the arts festival, Tyler and I went to New York, soccer season ended (finally! haha), our Houston Temple was rededicated after Hurricane Harvey, lots of time outside before it got too terribly hot.




May: Tyler turned 31, Millie learned to braid, preschool ended for Max and I, Garrett and McKenna visited for a couple days after their cruise, we got some fun outside stuff for the backyard, end of kindergarten program for Millie.




June: End of school for Millie, lots of cousin time with Jeff and Kerri's crew and the Webbs visiting, the kids and I joined a gym, Max took off his floaties and never looked back, and a fun drive in movie group date with our siblings.





July: Started off the month with two hospital visits for Harvey, one for stitches on his face, the other for a fractured arm. We had a fun day at the aquarium, spent lots of time with the Morris crew before they left and with AJ and Brittany here for an internship, the kids did a lemonade stand, and we had the Webb kids stay with us for a weekend. 








August: Tyler and I celebrated our 9th anniversary! We took a road trip to Utah for the Andersen Reunion and had such a fun time camping with them. Had a few days to get ready for school once we got home and sent Millie off to 1st grade!




September: I attended my Grandma Andersen's funeral in Utah, we took a quick trip to San Antonio for cousin Dean's baptism, Max had his eye injury and subsequent hospital visit, we learned I was pregnant with baby #4, went to Aunt Lauren's horse show, and enjoyed having Heidi and Wes in town for a bit. 



October: Max started preschool and tennis lessons, Millie had pink eye and I was first-trimester nauseous, we went to Poppy's company picnic and got to see Garrett, and had a rainy Halloween.




November: Primary temple trip, Harvey turned 2, we got ready for Christmas, had a fun Thanksgiving break with lots of Andersens in town, and Millie had an abscess and had to have her two front teeth pulled out.





December: Santa visit, Millie moved up a level in gymnastics, we learned we will be having a baby girl, had to buy a new washer and dryer, cancelled my gym membership, and had a wonderful Christmas break with lots of Juergens family in town.




It's so fun to look back and see all the highlights from the year. We're hoping 2019 brings less medical drama and of course our baby girl! 

No comments: