Monday, February 4, 2019

December little things

I've felt nudged lately that I need to give the big kids more responsibilities around the house and really let them do those things, especially when staring down the barrel of having 4 kids soon! Max's newest job is to take out and bring in the garbage can twice a week. He really likes doing it and it's pretty adorable. We've since added that on Saturdays he collects the garbage from all the bedrooms and bathrooms before taking the big can out. 


While we're on the subject of Max, he felt pretty special and happy when Gigi shared a cake with us because it wasn't chocolate and she knows Max doesn't really like chocolate. A thumbs up is high praise from our kids!


Went to pick up Harvey from the gym kids center and found him in a sports class and loving it. 


Harvey still likes to snuggle with me by the Christmas tree, just like when he was a baby.


Harvey had his first coloring on the wall incident. But I can't be mad at him if I try!


We decided to cancel my gym membership so I was enjoying those last few weeks in December. This was in a particularly crowded barre class. I loved the classes!


Keeping Harvey entertained during gymnastics or tennis involves letting him scribble in my planner. Not sure why he loves it so much but he definitely prefers that to blank paper. Whatever keeps him quiet and still I guess!


Millie moved up to Gold Stars! She'd been working so hard and hoping so bad to move up. 


Max's tennis lessons finished up at the end of December and we sure had some cold nights watching him. We started coming inside for a few minutes to warm up in the middle and one night got caught up watching an old tennis match. Millie decided Roger Federer looks like Tyler! Close, but Tyler's way better looking.


Fell asleep snuggling on the couch and I apparently still have a thing for taking pictures of my kids sleeping.


Heidi, James, and Wes arrived from Indiana! It was so fun watching the boys play together again.



I'd bring Millie over to play in the evenings and one night the kids let Poppy adjust them. 


A little game of pretending to be animals and wrestling.


Blurry but I just love this boy. It's fun to have one on one time with him when Max is at preschool and Millie's at school.


My cute little shoppers in training. Now if only they'd pay for the groceries too!


No comments: