New Year's Day is an interesting day to have a birthday. It's really nice to have a guarantee that no one will have work or school but at that point we're all kind of ready for normal life again! This year was pretty low key.
Gigi and Poppy took us out for breakfast at Harris County Barbecue, which, for the record, has some of the best breakfast food in the world.
We spent a lot of the day moving the rest of the kids' stuff to their new rooms, and getting rid of a lot of stuff. I think we made a trip to donate some stuff too, and took down Christmas. The kids were troopers. After lunch Harvey was whining about something and came to me for a hug, 2 seconds later he was out! I don't think I've ever seen someone fall asleep so fast. He was exhausted.
I made myself some birthday brownies and got some Blue Bell, so it was a happy birthday indeed. My other gift to myself was that I didn't wear makeup! Ha! 30 is going to be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment